Hello SAE Milwaukee Section Members,I hope everyone had a wonderful summer. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Dan Lentsch, and I’m the Milwaukee SAE Section Chairman. I’m currently VP of Engineering for Composite Drivelines in West Allis. Some of my previous positions have been with Bosch, Erik Buell Racing, and […]
SAE MILWAUKEE SECTION
The Milwaukee SAE Section is the premier professional engineering society for the Milwaukee and surrounding area. Our Section extends from Madison, through Milwaukee, up through the Fox Valley and into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Our section focuses on two main objectives.
- Our first objective is the support of our membership. With almost 1000 professional members, we strive to hold monthly meetings that help our membership keep on top of what is happening technically in industry in our area as well as provide a venue for professional networking and development.
- Our second objective is the support of the student SAE sections at the six engineering schools in our area. UW-Madison, MSOE, UW-Milwaukee, Marquette, Northern Michigan University, and Michigan Tech Student SAE Chapters are all part of the Milwaukee SAE Section. We support them by providing funding for their sections in the form of an annual Student Night Competition as well giving them opportunities to help with our professional events and allow them to network with host companies
The Milwaukee SAE Section Governing Board is a collection of volunteer members dedicated to keep the Milwaukee Section as one of the top recognized SAE Chapters worldwide. We encourage any section members who would like to become involved to contact us. We offer a great avenue to develop organizational planning and leadership skills.
The SAE Milwaukee Section is an outstanding resource for people involved in all aspects of the vehicle mobility industry in and around the Wisconsin and Michigan Upper Penninsula Areas.
Some ways you can get involved:
- Develop valuable career skills that will benefit you on the job through a leadership role
- Offer a tour or event at your facility
- Suggest ideas for future events or meeting topics
- Connect with engineering students and young professionals in your region
We’d like to thank our section sponsors: